Xfinity routers have gained quite a popularity and are familiar to users worldwide. It is useful to handle as it has user-friendly features. A router is a device with the help of which a user can get access to the network connection. Xfinity routers have proved to be worthy and efficient at home as well as office. However, while using Xfinity routers, users often find an orange light flashing. In this article, we have mentioned the possible causes and the fixes for the issue.
What does blinking orange on the Xfinity router indicate?
All the LED lights on the router are indicative of the status of the router. The lights are either in a blinking condition or static. The blinking of the orange light on the Xfinity router means that the router is trying to connect to the Xfinity network. The blinking may also indicate one of the following:
- The router is having a problem with connecting the network connection. The Wi-Fi connection that you are accessing might have a slow internet speed that causes a disconnectivity of the router from the network. This is a common cause that leads to the Xfinity router flashing orange .
- There might be a service outage that may cause the issue. This means that you are running out of Xfinity internet service, temporarily.
- The router may be faulted i.e, there might be some hardware issue. Sometimes, the model we are using is often defective. One can easily identify the fault of the router if one can hear an unusual noise while transmitting or downloading data.
- The blinking may occur due to a defective splitter. A splitter is used to split the signal to three devices simultaneously. So, if there is an issue with the splitter cable, the internet connection is interrupted.
- The firmware while undergoing an update can also cause this problem. A lack of proper high-speed internet connection during the update can blink the orange light.
- Using a faulted ethernet cable can also cause this issue. Due to a problem with the cable, there is a frequent breakdown and you find the Xfinity router flashing orange.
- A greater distance between the Xfinity gateway and the Internet Service Provider (ISP) can cause an interruption and stop you from receiving an appropriate quantity of data.
Fixes for Xfinity Router Blinking Orange:
- Restarting the router:
To restart your Xfinity router, follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of the Xfinity router.
- Perform the Xfinity Gateway login by inserting your credentials, like, password, and user name.
- Locate the Internet Services tab.
- Under this tab, go to the Devices option.
- Search for your router and select the Restart option.
- If the process is successful, the orange blinking will be removed.
- Fixing faulted cords:
Check all the cables that are used for the setup of your Xfinity router. Long time use of the cables causes them to wear out and thus cause connectivity issues. So, it is effective if you replace the older cables with new ones.
- Updating the firmware version:
An outdated version of firmware can interrupt work fluency. So, it is always recommended to keep the firmware updated to the latest version available. To do this, follow these steps:
- Connect your device and router using an ethernet cable.
- Go to your browser.
- Open the IP address of your Xfinity router.
- Type in your admin username and password. Keep in mind that the password is not the same as the wireless network SSID.
- Go to the main menu.
- From here, click on the utility tab.
- Tap on the ‘upgrade firmware’ option.
- Select the Update status.
- The latest firmware version will be downloaded easily and installed on your device.
- Factory Resetting:
You can perform a factory reset Xfinity router by going to your Xfinity Account. To do this, follow these steps:
- Login to your account using the necessary credentials.
- Go to the ISP type and thereafter the Device option.
- Go to the troubleshooting option.
- Wait for a few seconds as the reset is done.
- You can always seek professional assistance by contacting the Xfinity helpline number. The customer care service will always tend to your issues and try to help you effectively.
The Xfinity router blinking orange is a very common issue that can be easily fixed on your own. But it is always wise to pay attention to any sort of issue and fix it away as soon as possible.